Sunday, April 13, 2008

Dust the ants away

My friend and I were studying for the next day’s exam and all of a sudden she says I smell ants.

Me: “What nonsense? How on earth can you smell ants??”

I look around and tell her that there are no ants.

My friend: I’m telling you. I can smell ants!!

I was particularly tense about the next day’s exam to the point that I was literally in tears.

“Look, please let’s continue. I’m really tense.”

Ya ya

After sometime suddenly I feel as though something had bitten me. I saw a few ants on the bed.

I looked around the place carefully and I see a line of ants. I trace the line and I see that it goes under my mattress. I turn the mattress and you will not believe the number of ants I saw. I thought to my self “Great, everything has to happen just when I need to study.”

See, I told you!!!!

I had no clue what to do and I knew I had to remove the ants because my friend hated them and I was sure that she wouldn’t study with them there. All of a sudden my friend says

Do you have any powder?

“Powder? You mean facial powder?”

Ya

“For what?” I ask puzzled.

Well after so many years of hating ants, I have found out that ants hate powder, especially Cinthol.

Though I was sceptical about it, at that particular moment I was willing to try anything. Anything, at all, I was that desperate!!

So I gave her Pond’s talc (because I didn’t have Cinthol) and she started putting it all over the ants. Surprisingly it worked!! I couldn’t believe it. One by one the ants started moving away.

Since then I’ve become a believer and every time I see ants coming near my bed I just put my ever faithful Pond’s talc and they stay away. And now you know the secret to keep ants away.

4 comments:

Chandbibi said...

Does that really work? Too funny, ya. I heard that drawing lines with chalk keeps them away - apparently they won't cross the line, though possibly that's a mixture of voodoo and lakshman rekha mythifying!

ashima said...

ya it does. it has a really wierd effect on them they kinda get dazed as in they donet die but they just freeze literally. chalk doesnt work lakshman rekha does tho

Chandbibi said...

Eh!Cool. Will try it!

Chandbibi said...

What I don't get, though, is what ants smell like.